Are you in or near Macclesfield & need a top-quality, qualified Osteopath? We invite you to visit Leek Osteopaths. It’s not far away and you’ll receive the very best of treatment…
Benefit from our 5 star service and friendly staff! Learn why many travel to Leek Osteopaths for all their osteopathic and physiotherapy needs! Learn more about to what to expect from your first visit. Please give us a call and speak to our reception staff for more information on any of our services.
What to expect on your first visit? – See this page for more details
- You will be asked questions about your symptoms and also the issues you are having because of these symptoms. We will also ask about your medical history, general health and lifestyle and any medication you are currently taking.
- Your treatment plan and diagnosis will be discussed with you before treatment commences. We will also give you a guide as to how many treatments you may need.
- Osteopathy aims to relieve the pain you are experiencing. We also aim to find the underlying cause of the symptoms, reducing the chance of those symptoms returning in the future. To ease tension, pain and stiffness, osteopathy uses various techniques such as soft tissue work (massage), manipulation (sometimes heard as a click), or cranial sacral techniques (very subtle) as part of the treatment, we would use what we think to be the most effective techniques for the individual.
- Further follow up appointments after your initial consultation are approximately 30 minutes long (if required).
Do you live in or near Macclesfield, Cheshire UK & require an osteopath / physiotherapist? Give us an email or a call for more info on 01538 388 333.
Things we can help you with…
Learn more about things we can help with here. If you live in Macclesfield and require the very best treatment, we recommend travelling to Leek Osteopaths for your osteopathic & physiotherapy needs. Here’s why:-
As osteopaths, we are trained to diagnose, treat and help prevent ill-health caused by musculoskeletal disorders – that means problems with your body’s bones, muscles, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, joints and other connective tissue.
We treat the whole person, not just the condition. And it’s why we are able to treat such a wide range of symptoms in adults and children, including babies. We work to restore your musculoskeletal system to a state of balance. We consider each person as an individual and will ask questions about your condition and general health, as well as examining you. We then use gentle techniques that work with your body and encourage the healing process. Learn more by getting in touch with us – we’ll gladly assist you, whether you live in Macclesfield, Cheshire or further afield! Many of our clients in Macclesfield travel to Leek Osteopaths for our top-quality and friendly treatment.
Some of the ailments we may aid relief from:
- Arthritic pain
- Back/neck pain
- Shoulder, hip and knee pain
- Ligament or tendon damage
- Repetitive strains
- Pain during pregnancy
- Colic and feeding problems in babies, or unexplained crying following birth.
Is Osteopathy Safe?
Yes, extensive and stringent training over four years ensures that osteopaths have the necessary skills to care for you in a safe and gentle manner. Please read more here on our FAQ page
By law, osteopaths also have to register with the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC), the profession’s statutory regulator. Find more information about the GOsC here
Qualifications and professional standards
To become a qualified osteopath, you have to gain an osteopathy degree and undertake over 1,000 hours of training in osteopathic techniques. An osteopathy degree is similar to a medical degree but it focuses more on anatomy and musculoskeletal medicine. By law, osteopaths also have to register with the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC), the profession’s statutory regulator. This body sets and maintains UK standards for osteopathy. The GOsC require osteopaths to renew their licence to practise every year, and to have 30 hours of continued professional development, adequate insurance in additional to good health and character.
You can always check if an osteopath is registered by searching the GOsC’s online register at www.osteopathy.org.uk
Our second son suffered from colic and reflux as a baby, so we decided to giveAngela Woodward
cranial osteopathy a go. The results were brilliant. After only a few treatments, feeding times and evenings became so much better for us all! I can’t recommend the treatment highly enough.